Retired at last!

So I finally retired on May 8th after 14+ years working at my latest gig.  The last thing I did before retiring was write a research paper summarizing our last five years worth of research and software development in personalized medicine, which I submitted for publication a week after formally retiring.  We just found out last week that the paper has been accepted for publication in the journal, Cancers.  I'll add a link as soon as it's available in preprint.

After retiring we went to Iceland for almost two weeks.  Incredible.  There's nothing more I can say.  Go see the country if you ever get a chance.  Wonderful, welcoming people, a stunningly beautiful country with volcanoes, glaciers, strange animals (we saw hundreds of puffins!) and 23 hours and 28 minutes of daylight!

Other than traveling I've been focusing on spending lots of time with our grandson and kids, planning more trips, baking sourdough (bread, English muffins, baguettes, bagels, etc.) and Icelandic geyser rye bread.  I've also been printing projects for my wife (gardening) and daughter.  I've also revisited a lot of rockets I've earlier printed but never built, deciding to reprint them using heat-resistant PETG instead of PLA.  More updates will follow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printing a rocket no longer produced using OpenRocket

New Year, New Toys

Moonliner!