Printing something fun for my daughter
My younger daughter asked me to if I could print something for her she'd originally seen on Reddit to help her decorate her fingernails using magnetic nail polish (who knew that was a thing?). It was a 3D printed magnetic spinner that holds a horseshoe magnet. The original posting directed me to the STL files I needed to print this gadget, designed by a user "destiny84" on cults3d.com.
I printed the parts using different colored PLA filament I had laying around.
After ordering the bearings needed to allow the handle to turn (they go in the two round openings above) I assembled it and glued on a washer to hold the magnet:
She didn't have enough hands to record a video, turn the crank and hold a finger under the magnet to record the actual application but she said it's pretty cool to watch. Here's the finished product:
She says she gets compliments every day at work!



Comments
Post a Comment