New Year, New Toys

Santa was very good to me this year!  I'd given my family a bunch of suggestions to pass on to "Santa" and I ended up getting several of the bigger items.  Among the rocket themed gifts I got this year were a Featherweight GPS Tracker and an Anycubic Kobra Max 3D printer.  I set up the printer in my office:

It's big, 17.7" high x 15.7" wide x 15.7" deep, which will allow me to print tall rocket parts (nose cones, etc.).  It took a couple hours to set up, partly because I put the tower on backwards.  After printing the owl test print, I've built a bunch of things so far:

- Owl (test print)

- Grateful Dead cookie cutter bear

- "Whirl & Hurl" spinner flying rocket

- Tube cutting guides

- Higher resolution Gemini capsule than the one I got from the library

- Bomb rocket parts

- Featherweight GPS holder

- Dummy Mercury capsule (so the fragile escape tower doesn't break)

Bulbasaur Planter 

Owl test print finishing 12/30 (2 hours)

Printing the tube cutting guides

Printing the Whirl& Hurl rocket

Printing the bomb rocket parts

Bulbasaur planter

Dummy Mercury capsule

Lots more samples are in the queue.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printing a rocket no longer produced using OpenRocket

Resurrecting my X-15 with my scratch STRETCH X-15

Building my SpaceX BFR